Monday, December 26, 2011

A very merry christmas after all

Ill have to admit, I wasn't really looking forward to Christmas this year. Along with having to drive 5ish hours back to Oklahoma was the daunting task of figuring out how to make 5 family Christmas' work with Bennett's schedule. I was worried, to say the least, and kinda mad at myself that I had allowed us to accept so many invitations to different events. We drove back to Oklahoma on Wednesday, had the Troyer family Christmas Thursday, ended up taking Bennett to the doctor on Friday, my grandma's and Kyle's parents Christmas' Saturday, my parents and Kyle's grandparents on Sunday. We were busy. The entire way back to OK I dreaded everything we were supposed to attend. Being sort of a nap nazi/not being held all the time nazi/sticking to a schedule nazi I was not looking forward to the next few days and then the next week following our return to Ft Worth. I didn't want Bennett to have to change his schedule every day and stay three different places. I just wanted to stay home and enjoy the holiday but seeing as this was our last time to spend Christmas with our families, I knew we couldn't not go. As we were driving back to Ft Worth today I was thinking about the weekend and was just surprised at how well it really went. In spite of Bennett's being sick Thursday night and all day Friday, the weekend was relatively smooth. Bennett was a champ, taking naps on the road and being happy when we needed him to be. He really did well the entire weekend. His transitions between places were smooth and his mood was generally happy the entire weekend. Though at first I really dreaded coming back, it turned out to be a very merry Christmas after all.

1 comment: