Monday, December 19, 2011

Turning our house/apartment into a home

Day three after our official move in and we now (finally) have all our boxes unpacked and everything hung up, organized, and put in its right place. The apartment itself really is in decent shape, (minus the cabinets and the 1970's appliances) and once we finally got everything in place it looked 10 times better. It's also starting to feel like home. Its amazing to me how quickly a place I have never lived has become home. Maybe its because of all the moving we did once my (biological) mom and Brian got a divorce, I dunno. Bennett has transitioned well into our new home as well. Once we got the artwork hung on the walls I think he finally relaxed completely, to him (and me) the move was finally complete. He has even gotten back into somewhat of a normal schedule. (Just in time to mess it all back up again when we go home for Christmas) Nonetheless,  I'm really looking forward to going back to Oklahoma for a few days and spend some quality time with our family. This is Bennett's first Christmas after all so it should be fun and interesting as well.







3 comments:

  1. love the wall of mirrors! it looks so cool :)

    alissa b
    http://alissab.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... so I'm new at this commenting thing! lol. (Sorry about my above faux pas) Your home looks stinkin' cute. I knew you'd have everything in its place in no time. I love you and will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete