Saturday, December 17, 2011

On nights like this, who needs alarm clocks?

On one of my previous posts,  "our life in boxes" I asked for prayer concerning our little ones transition to our new home: thank you to those of you who prayed that for us. I won't pretend his transition was picture-perfect, but it was close enough. I think all together, he woke up three times throughout the night and only once was he inconsolable. I had definitely imagined worse, even considered the possibility that he might have to sleep with us all night. Thankfully, that wasn't the case. All things considered, his full day without much mommy time, all day in the car and watching people come and go as we loaded and then unloaded our truck, he was a champion sleeper. I can't be thankful enough either that I have a husband and Bennett a daddy that is willing to get up and out of bed with him. Kyle has been such a blessing to me throughout our entire marriage, but especially after the birth of our little man. As for the sleepless night, the train nearby is more to blame than our little one and by the time Bennett was ready to get up, I was wide-eyed and not so ready for the day thanks to our new neighbor: the train tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment