Sunday, December 18, 2011

Falling in love <3

I think I'm / we're falling in love with Ft. Worth. I can't even explain the excitement and anticipation thar comes with knowing that there are so many new things to discover and experience during our time here. God is definitely working out some cool things for us here. Truthfully, moving to another state was scary and it makes me feel so silly admitting that knowing that I have so many friends and family that have spent years away from their families and I have never spent more than a few weeks away from mine. Its different though, when you have a little one. I think Bennett is liking our new home and adjusting well too. He spent the entire time we were at olive garden Friday night squealing because he was so happy, he did really well in the church nursery this morning, and has just generally been in a great mood. I'm so happy he's happy. It makes this whole transition much easier on Kyle and me. Ft. Worth I think, is really starting to become home and I'm excited to see what God has in store for us while we're here.

3 comments:

  1. So glad that Bennett is adjusting to the transition. KayLynn hasn't really been able to handle us moving to Stillwater and her being away from Grandma. I think that she is starting to get use to it though. So glad that everything is working out for you guys, and that you like it. =) Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's understandable. You spend your whole life wishing to move away, and mostly no one ever does, but once you do it...it really is scary! That safety blanket of your family just being minutes/hours away fades.

    It's so awesome though that you and Kyle are really experiencing adulthood/parenthood and doing the best for your family!

    Can't wait to see pics of the new place!

    alissa b
    http://alissab.us

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad to hear things are going wonderful! been thinking about you and your family praying for ya'll! miss you, and thankful for our friendship Ashley. can't wait to hear more about what God is doing in the Troyer family :)

    ReplyDelete