Tuesday, December 13, 2011

our life in boxes

As many of you know, our little family is gearing up to move to Ft. Worth in about 3 days. For the past few weeks, I have spent all my free time packing whatever we can in order to ready ourselves for the move. Its such a bittersweet moment to take a look around our apartment and see almost everything we own packed up and ready to move. This move begins a new phase of our lives, of our marriage, of our journey as parents and Im excited but nervous as well. Neither Kyle or I have ever lived in another state, and we have definately never lived so far (not that Texas is really that far) away from our families. It will definately be a sweet but hard time of our lives. I hope that anyone that has a chance to read this post will take a minute to pray for our family as we prepare to take on this new phase of our lives.
Some things you can pray specifically for:
1. That our travel to Ft. Worth would be smooth and without trouble.
2. That Bennett's transition to a new place would be smooth and that he will be able to ease back into his normal routine in a (hopefully) short amount of time.
3. That Kyle and I will make sure that we protect what time we have together as he begins a new job, classes, and I (possibly) begin classes as well.
4. That Kyle and I will be sensitive to the Lord's leading while we are in Ft. Worth and we will listen as he molds us and shapes us to be able to take part in youth ministry.
5. That Bennett and I will find some mommies with babies around the same age to spend time with.
6. That the Lord will mold me and shape me as a wife and mommy so that I can glorify Him in my speech and actions towards Kyle and Bennett.
7. That we will find some sweet friends to share "mommy-daddy date nights" with.
8. That the Lord will lead us to a church family to worship with.
9. That the Lord will help Kyle and I both to be slow to anger and quick in forgiveness as we learn to deal with all the new challenges that this move and Kyle and I both working on our masters degrees will present.
10. That Kyle and my transition will be smooth as well.
11. That Kyle gets an interview and a job offer within the first week of being in Texas.

This is a little more than half of all our boxes!

2 comments: