Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sometimes I just need to pay attention!

I was really not very excited to realize that I have been doing everything in my power to keep from putting our current situation into the hands of our Creator. After a very long talk with my mom yesterday, some tears and some time in God's word, I realized that I just need to be patient and let God work. (That is totally not my thing) Patience continues to be one of the things that God is working on in my life. I am so impatient in almost every aspect of my life. I was too impatient to wait to get married, too impatient to wait to have a baby, too impatient to wait for our little one to finally get here, and now, once again, Im too impatient to wait on God. Though this is something that is really hard for me, I know that there is nothing I can do to make progress, there is nothing I can do to change the situation. A few very wise people have said to me (numerous times) that if I cant change a situation, then there is no reason for worrying about it. I however, seem to worry about everything. I think mainly my childhood is to blame for my constant worrying, but though (I think) I have a very valid reason for my constant worrying, the truth is...my worrying says that God, our provider, isnt going to provide. It says that I dont trust him to provide for our needs and I dont trust him to keep us afloat in times like these. Ive been struggling a lot lately with my faith and have had times where I wasnt sure what I really beleived. I am happy to say, however that though my struggles were long and hard, as of today I have been restored. I know that God is our provider and I am content to wait on Him and His provision. I cant say it wont be hard, I cant say that my flesh wont make things difficult but I have resolved to stand strong in the face of adversity and rely on the One that is in control. I want to thank all of you that have been praying for me and my family.

There are still a few things we could use prayer for.
1. Pray that Kyle and I can rely on God to provide and that he wont accept a position anywhere without prayerful consideration.
2. Pray that Kyle and I are open to God's leading and that regardless of what other's think, we will follow the Lord where he leads.
3. Pray that regardless of where we end up in the next few months or years that our families will be supportive.
4. Pray that Bennett feels safe and secure, loved and wanted regardless of where we are.
5. Pray that Kyle's time in Seminary is insightful and that he meets several men his age that he can confide in, trust and become great friends with.

Also, Bennett is thriving and growing like crazy. His tooth has finally broken all the way through his gums and he has just been sweet through the entire ordeal. He has started eating oatmeal (with bananas) and loves it! We have also started giving him a little bit of juice every day as well and he just sucks it down. Our little man is growing up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment