Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Little tooth for the little man

Bennett is starting to get his first tooth! Yes, you read it right...my (newly) 5 month old baby boy is getting his first tooth! He is growing up so fast. I had noticed he had been a bit more fussy as of late but just thought it was because he hasnt gotten every nap every day in a while. So, while he has been waking up in the middle of the night every night, I just thought he was cranky from not getting all his sleep. Monday he was in one of his moods where he wanted to chew on everything in sight so naturally, any time he was around momma or daddy he wanted to chew on our fingers. As I began to let him chew on my knuckle, I felt a little scratch-like sensation every once in a while and finally decided to check it out. Sure enough, you can see the little tooth right there beneath his gums! It hasnt popped fully through yet but its getting there. Every day you can feel a little more of his little tooth. Im so excited and so sad at the same time. I keep saying that I cant wait for him to be a toddler, but every time I think about him getting any bigger or look at pictures of him right after we brought him home, it brings me to tears. I dont want my baby to grow up because every milestone means he is one milestone closer to being independent and getting out on his own. I think Ill start praying for God to make the days go by slower so I can fully cherish every day I have with my little man. Im sure gonna miss these days of snuggling and eat-your-face-kisses when he grows up.



No comments:

Post a Comment