Monday, October 15, 2012

The LD

So here is the "LD" or Low Down on what's going on lately in the lives of the Troyers...We didnt get to decorating cookies last week so we are going to do that tomorrow, and Friday is BOO ZOO where we will dress Bennett up in his costume and take him trick or treating (or something like that.) MOPS was supposed to have a "trick or treating" event this wednesday, but it has been changed to the 31st, much to my dismay. I was really hoping to get in two sessions of trick or treating with Bennett before it got too close to my due date, and Im actually anticipating Milly coming right around Halloween or shortly after. Im not so sure Ill be up to walking around with a million other children swarming all over the place so close to giving birth.
I had my midwife check me for progress at our last appointment. I am at a 1, which is exactly where I was with Bennett at this time in my pregnancy with him. (Im hoping this means she will come early too.) Im planning on having her check me again when I go back on the 24th. I was a bit disappointed that she didnt start me on my every week appointments, but, like with Bennett, my pregnancy is going so smoothly that there really is no reason to come in for visit every week right now. I have been having contractions every day for the last few days, and while they are consistent, they are only consistent for an hour or so and then they stop for good. :( Though I know its too early to be going into labor, Im really anxious to meet Amelia. Im ready for these contractions to turn into the real thing!
Kyle's birthday is coming up too. I keep joking with him that he isnt getting anything but a baby for his birthday but I seriously need to come up with an idea of something to get him. I have a couple things in mind that I would like to get for him for future use, but I kind of want to get him something he can enjoy now. (I really hope that if Im in labor on his birthday that someone will make him a cake, everyone needs at least a cake on their birthday!) I wont even be sad that I cant have any.
Just a reminder, please be praying for us! We have so much coming up in the near future that its a bit overwhelming. Kyle was contacted by a church near Fort Worth and was interviewed Tuesday. He should know something soon if he has made the final round of cuts (to the top TWO!!) and if he does, we all get to go in so they can meet Bennett and me too. He has also applied for another job at the QT corporate office and was contacted in relation to that recently too. We had made the decision to stay here in Fort Worth and not move back until Kyle was done with seminary but it seems as though a state of contentment cannot be found. If either of the two positions doesnt work out, we would like to find a rent house or townhouse near seminary that has three bedrooms. We just dont have that much room as it is and adding another little one is going to make things a bit stuffy! Anywho, we need all the prayer we can get!

As I said, tomorrow is cookie decorating day and Friday is trick or treating at the zoo. Ill post pictures as soon as I can!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I am not on facebook AND I still want to keep up with ya'll. My hubby is still on FB BUT we can't find you!!! So, you can either look him up (Justin K) or you can email me! :-) I want to see pictures of your daughter!!!!

    Sarah aka your favorite science teacher EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed a few weeks ago that you werent on FB anymore. I tried to "friend" Justin, but it wouldnt let me! I dont know that I have your email address either, so mine is ashleytroyer13@gmail.com. I just added a post with pictures from Milly's Birth Day today!

    Hope you all are doing great! Ive been wondering about you and S lately! :)

    ReplyDelete