Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday Morning Ritual

Thursday mornings are our Saturdays. Kyle works Friday night-Tuesday night so our weekends are different from most. We begin most Thursday mornings by the sound of our little one waking from his sleep. Either Kyle or I will get Bennett and give him his morning sippy and then I will start on breakfast. We have kinda made sort of a ritual of making breakfast on Thursdays because its one of the only days of the week we can all sit down and eat together. This morning, I made lemon poppyseed muffins, bacon, and scrambled eggs (Bennett got cheesy scrambled egg yolks). It was delicious and a fabulous start to our day. There is nothing better, in my opinion, than being able to sit down to a home cooked breakfast with my boys (and sweet baby girl).

Eating his yummy scrambled egg yolks!

mmmmmmm....

This is the mess that comes with a yummy breakfast!

I will be 19 weeks pregnant on Sunday! We are almost halfway there to meeting our baby girl! I cant even describe how fast time has flown since finding out we were expecting again. I have to say that everyone that told me that your second pregnancy flys by was totally right! I have so many expectations (good and bad) for how life is going to be once Harper finally arrives. Im so excited to see how Bennett reacts, but also nervous as well. I hope he just loves her immediately. Im worried about myself too, about being able to take care of two babies...it can be hard enough with one! :) Im thankful though, because I know that the Lord is molding and refining me already to be a mother of two. His timing is perfect, and I know I will be ready when Harper makes her big debut! 

2 comments: