Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Food For the Bay....

First of all, I feel like I need to explain the title of this post...we call Bennett "the bay" as in short for baby, start saying baby but leave out the "b-y." He is our Bay and little miss is our baby :)

I have had some problems recently with finding healthy/easy/freezable things to make for Bennett to eat. I would love to cook every meal for him, but lets be real: doing dishes multiple times a day is just not ideal, nor would I have time for it! I happened upon a fabulous website the other day called "weelicious" that has renewed my passion to make home-made, freezable meals for our little one. With some research, I came upon these Baked Turkey Meatballs:


I found this recipe at wishfulchef.com and I cant wait to make them! Not only are they healthy, but they will be a yummy and freezable dish for our little man. I do, however plan on adding some celery or frozen spinach to them in order to add more veggies. Bennett likes his meatballs with bbq sauce, and thats the only way he will eat them so more veggies is a plus in my book. I also came upon a wonderful recipe for baked chicken nuggets that Im excited to try out too:


These chicken nuggets are not only really yummy looking, but they are so healthy for you too! They use all white meat chicken breast, panko, italian breadcrumbs and olive oil! Then, you bake them! I feel so good about what Im feeding my little one when its something like this! Ive found some awesome recipes for breakfast food too! Some of these are: whole-wheat zucchini pancakes, whole-wheat pumpkin pancakes, whole-wheat sweet potato muffins, and whole-wheat blueberry waffles! The GREAT thing about these is that every one of them can be frozen and thawed as needed!

If you are interested in doing something like this for your little one, I would definately recommend setting aside a "cooking day" for you to prepare everything for the next one-two weeks. Then, you can pull out a meal staple such as turkey meatballs or whole wheat sweet potato muffins and add fruit or veggies, some string cheese and you have a meal for your little one in 5 minutes flat! 

1 comment: