Sunday, June 3, 2012

do not let the sun go down..

I was inspired and convicted (in my husbands words) by our church service this morning. For a long time, I have let satan have a hold of certian friendships in my life (ones that I, myself have hurt) and continued to leave situations unresolved. For a while now, God has been convicting me of my need to place him first and to get things right. As Christians, we are called to be in fellowship with other believers. We cannot be in fellowship, however, when we allow sin left unresolved. There were a few friendships that I had hurt and left behind. In each of those friendships, there was a different situation and a different problem that needed to be solved, different things that needed to be apologized for. I let it go for so long though, because I felt that I was not the only one in the wrong.

I just want to praise God for the ability to let go of my pride and follow Him in trying to resolve these issues with said friends. I know that when we embrace the Lord and His commands, we are set free and not only does He forgive us our wrongdoing, but he places in the hearts of others the ability to forgive as well.

I dont know how these situations are going to turn out, but I do know that I did the right thing. I followed the Lord and His commands (even if it took me a very long time to do so) and that He will be glorified in that. I hope that each of you can say a short prayer for me and the situations surrounding this post and you will just ask God to grant closure and forgiveness to me and the other persons involved.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is cute!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete