Sunday, June 17, 2012

For My Daddy

What can I even say to sum up my daddy? Just to give you a glimpse into the kind of father I was blessed to have, I can tell you that he was the VP of the spirit club my sophomore year, and President my junior year of High School. He would sit and listen to me when I was having boy problems, he would randomly give me cash "just because." He taught me about how a man is supposed to love his wife, how he is supposed to listen to her, give her hard advice when she needs it, guide her into making the right decision and when necessary, ask "are you on your period? Is that why you are being so emotional?"
Some of you may know that I didnt always get to have Russ as my father. Russ and Lynnette took me into their home when I was 14 years old and adopted me and my brother when I was 16. My biological father never had much to do with us, as he was in prison for most of our lives. I grew up not knowing how God had designed the relationship between a father and daughter to be like. Though I didnt get to have this kind of relationship until I was 14, it changed my life.
My daddy was there for me when everyone else was too tired or too fed up with me to listen to what I had to say, he was there for me when I hit my first deer driving to Claremore (he also had the police dept. and fire dept. there for me as well:)) he was there for me when the boy I thought was "the one" went back to Germany, he was there for me after my best friend was hit by a car, he was there for me when I realized I made a huge mistake in dating a different boy (without "I told you so's), he was there for me when I would call him crying from Stillwater because I didnt understand Kyle, he was there for me when we found out our biological father had passed away, he was there to give me advice, to give me a shoulder to cry on and a hand to pick me up when I fell down.
I dont know how I would have turned out if it wasnt for the unconditional love of my daddy. He helped mold me into the woman I am today and though Im not perfect by any means, I would be a lot farther away from it if it werent for him.

1 comment: