Thursday, September 20, 2012

Toddler Meal Post: Turkey Tortilla Roll-Ups/Family Update

Today, I thought I would do something easy and lunch-rush friendly for all my mommy friends out there. Turkey tortilla roll-ups are a MDO staple in our house. For all of you that are making and sending a lunch for your little one, whether it be to preschool, MDO, kindergarten, etc. you all know how hard it can be to pack something that is wholesome, yummy, and not the same ol' thing every day. I came across the idea for turkey tortilla roll-ups while researching things to feed Bennett. They are easy, yummy, and he loves them!

Here is the recipe:

What You Need:
3 flour tortillas (6 inch)
3 Tbsp. PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
12 slices OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Smoked Turkey Breast
3/4 cup shredded lettuce
 
Make It:
SPREAD tortillas with cream cheese; top with turkey.
PLACE lettuce on bottom halves of tortillas; roll up.
CUT each into 4 slices.
 
 
 
Now, this is just a recipe I found online. Mine are a bit different. I use whole-wheat tortillas, omit the cream cheese in place of colby jack slices, and use spinach leaves in place of the lettuce. I also only make one at a time. Bennett will most definitely not eat three of those!!
 
There hasn't been much new happening in our little family lately. Kyle is still working for QT and I am still staying home with Bennett. This next Wednesday will be my last day to tutor and we are taking the boys to the Holocaust Museum in Dallas. (Im really excited) Its bittersweet to know that another stage in our lives is ending and another about to begin. Kyle is really loving his classes and even says that he gets excited about his homework! Bennett is still trying to adjust to going to MOPS and MDO. Its really hard on him when mommy or daddy leaves him. He is definitely in the middle of seperation anxiety right now, and it just makes my heart sad. I do not like to hear my baby cry! He is growing like a weed, he waves bye, blows kisses, gives love (hugs), he is just turning into his own little lovey person! We have anywhere from about 5-7 weeks until the arrival of our baby girl. A small nugget of news: we are not naming her Harper anymore. (I know, you all are probably fed up with my inability to make a decision on a name!) But, I still believe its just too "mainstream" for a name that I want our child to have. I dont want her to be one of 6 Harpers in her class. I think I just put too much thought into this! We are pretty well prepared for her, I think. We have just about everything we need now, minus a car seat cover and double stroller that my mother and mimi are getting. I cant believe that in less than two months we will be a family of four! Please pray for us. Whenever the Lord puts us on your mind, just pray that he is preparing us for the road ahead. We know it wont be easy, but we are excited nonetheless!

1 comment:

  1. A little behind on reading your posts...we have been praying for you! S is 19 months now and I can not even begin to imagine the joy/new experiences/challenges you will enjoy the next few years. We will continue to pray, pray, pray!

    How is the job for Kyle going? How much longer will he be in school? Would you send me your snail mail addy?

    ReplyDelete