Thursday, September 6, 2012

Toddler Meal Post: Cheesy Broccoli Orzo/ Family Update

This week, I have a completely random but totally yummy meal post that actually works for the whole family! A couple of weeks ago, I saw a pin on Pinterest for "Cheesy Broccoli Orzo" that looked fabulous and decided to try it out. As I made my weekly menu, I decided to have it with BBQ Chicken and Grilled Zucchini. Kyle was kind of hesitant to try the orzo (he isnt much for trying new things) but once he tried it, he LOVED it. Bennett too, LOVED it and scarfed every bite I gave him. He even ate the broccoli! :) I guess when you cover veggies in cheese, it makes them 10X better!

 
Cheesy Broccoli Orzo
Serves 3-4
Ingredients:
1 cup orzo
1-1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4-1/2 cup 2% milk
salt
Directions:
Add orzo to a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes then add chopped broccoli and cook for 2 more minutes, or until orzo is tender. Drain well (broccoli florets are notorious for holding onto water) then return to the pot. Add cheeses, butter, and 1/4 cup milk then stir well and add more milk if needed. Season with salt to taste.


In other news, please pray for us as we near the arrival of our baby girl. We only have 7-8 ish weeks left (hopefully) but as of our 3D ultrasound appointment, she was breech. I dont know if I could handle having a late baby after Bennett was 12 days early!!! Im pretty sure I would go crazy! Help us to be confident in God's timing and help us (me) to be patient and to enjoy these last few weeks of being a family of three. Pray the Lord will help me to cherish the time I get to spend with Bennett and Kyle and SLEEP! Pray that God is already preparing us and preparing me to parent a little girl, to have a newborn and a toddler, to loose lots of sleep, etc. Please pray for us too that we will be confident in the Lord's ability to provide and help us to know that He wouldnt give us this child and not provide for her. We still need a few things and we are getting so close, so Im getting nervous. Also, pray that the Lord sends us help for the first few weeks after baby girl's arrival. Im planning on nursing, and I know it will be HARD and stressful (especially with a toddler to look after as well.) I would be forever grateful to have as much help as possible to make learning how to nurse as easy and stress free as possible. I could ask for prayer for so much more, but Im confident that the Lord knows what we need and that those prayers will be answered whether spoken or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment