Saturday, August 25, 2012

busy, busy, busy..

Kyle's semester officially started Thursday along with MDO. As he was listing the things he has to do for each of his (online) classes last night, all I could think was "this semester is going to be BUSY!" Not only is Kyle taking 6 hours of grad school, but I'm taking "Wife of the Equipping Minister," which is a class specifically designed for women who are going to be pastors wives. Also, Bennett and I are doing MOPS (mothers of preschoolers), and Kindermusic as well. So...Tuesday evenings, Bennett gets to hang out with daddy while mommy goes to class, Wednesday afternoons are going to be filled with alternating weeks of MOPS and Kindermusic, and Thursdays will consist of MDO for Bennett and cleaning for mommy!
Bennett had a rough first day at MDO...when I picked him up he had been crying for at least an hour. I got to the school at 12:30, and his teachers said he had been crying since lunch. It was so stinking sad. As I got to his classroom, I could hear a child crying, but never thought it could be him. I walked in, and saw him laying on a mat in the back of the classroom, just sobbing. Poor baby. I think I'll have to start picking him up earlier than 12:30. He cried all the way home, all the way to our front door, through changing his diaper and finally calmed down when I sat down in the rocking chair with him. I snuggled him and rocked him, and he was out in two minutes. Poor guy just isn't used to staying up that late!
I'll have to say, I think this class I'm taking is going to be rather interesting. Two of my friends, Rebekah and Anna are going to take it with me as well, and another woman, Sarah is taking the class too. Being in class with these women is going to be great! I have come to really trust/love all of them as great friends here in the past few weeks/months and Im excited about how God is going to work in our friendships through this experience. I've been reading through our "textbook" for the class and I'll admit, a lot of it makes me want to burst out laughing. (Just picture...tea cozies, napkin rings, candles for mood lighting...just some of the necessities for making your home hospitable as a ministers wife.) Needless to say, it should be fun!
For those of you that don't know what Kindermusic is, it's more or less a program that allows preschoolers to experiment with musical instruments, dance to music, ect. Research has proven that music enhances learning, so I'm all for taking Bennett! It should be fun for him as well...he is such a musically inclined toddler. Any time someone sings to him or plays music he claps his hands and dances. It's just the cutest thing! It should be a fun experience for the both of us and will allow Kyle some homework time without interruptions.
I am so excited about MOPS! It's going to be great to meet more women that have children around the same age as Bennett and to hopefully make new friends at our church. I have always wanted to be involved in a group like this since we arrived in Fort Worth. Our mommy/wives Bible study in Stillwater was such a blessing to me and it has been very important to me to find something similar here. MOPS was out for the summer though, so I'm just not getting the opportunity to join up. I'm really excited too about meeting other women that are expecting, and even more so to meet other women that are expecting their second or third child. I know they will be such a huge help and soundboard when it comes to getting used to having two little ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment