Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bennett's First Day of "School"

Today was Bennett's first day back to Mothers Day Out. All this week I have thought about what Im going to pack him for lunch, what he is going to wear, what lunchbox Im going to buy, how/if Im going to fix his hair...my mind has literally been consumed with the details of our baby boy going back to "school."
As Bennett woke up this morning, my first thought was whether or not he would be upset when I dropped him off. I got him out of bed, changed his diaper, gave him a big first day of school breakfast, (Mini ham and spinach fritattas, strawberries, a carrot and apple oatmeal muffin and milk) and then dressed him for the day. He even got to wear his new big boy shoes from Nana Sherrie. After Bennett was dressed, hair fixed, lunchbox packed, diaper bag packed, and ready for school, momma got ready too and we headed out the door.



After I pulled into the parking lot and got Bennett out of his seat, he scraped his knee walking to the building. :( I picked him up, loved on him and then he immediately wanted back down to walk. We walked into the building, into his classroom, and he went straight over to play with his teacher. (That made for a sad mommy) I grabbed him up, he gave me hugs and kisses and then wanted down again to play. I snapped a few pictures and left.



Now begins my day of cleaning, laundry, and hopefully taking a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment