Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Husband


I just wanted to spend a little time bragging on Kyle this afternoon. It seems that so many times I find my self ticked off at our situation and forget how grateful I am to have a husband like him. You all know the difficulty we face with Kyle working nights and sleeping during the day. Its hard. Really really hard. Keeping Bennett quiet in order to protect Kyle's sleep is a challenge, and some days its quite stressful for this mommy. Some days, I just know that Kyle has gotten only the amount of sleep necessary to make it through the night and Ill have to be honest, it makes me feel like a failure. Kyle, however, never takes the negative route. When he wakes up, he may be groggy and sleep deprived, but he is always happy to see Bennett and I. He watches Bennett while I cook dinner, and bathes him almost every night. He participates in our bed-time routine and does whatever he can to ensure Bennett feels comfortable enough to sleep. Frequently, he will clean up after dinner or sometimes after breakfast before going to bed. He tucks me in at night before he goes to work and kisses me goodnight.
Kyle is such a great daddy. He loves Bennett with a love that is unconditional. You can watch him play with Bennett and tell that he loves him with all his heart. He wakes up at the same time every day, regardless of how much sleep he has gotten so he can spend time with Bennett before he goes to bed. When Bennett was a newborn, Kyle would feed him at least once a night so I could have some rest, he changes poopies, he cleans up Bennett's messes, he is such a huge help with him.

Holding Bennett for the first time!

I just want to express how truly grateful I am for my husband. He is one in a million, one of a kind, he is truly one of the best men I have ever known. The Lord knew what he was doing when he put Kyle and I together. He knew I needed more than a lover, He knew I needed a best friend, a helper, and someone who loves me regardless of myself. There is so much more I could say about this wonderful husband of mine, but mostly, Im just so thankful to have him in my life. He works so hard to provide for our family, to ensure our happiness and to give us everything we want and need.



2 comments:

  1. That is so super, mushy-gushy, sweet! And I am so very happy for both of you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awh this is so sweet! you guys are such a perfect little family! :)

    alissa b
    http://alissab.us

    ReplyDelete